Add Your Heading Text Here
Who should register for GST?
All the businesses supplying goods whose turnover exceeds INR 40 lakh in a financial year are required to register as a normal taxable person. However, the threshold limit is INR 10 lakh if you have a business in the north-eastern states, J&K, Himachal Pradesh, and Uttarakhand.
The turnover limit is INR 20 lakh, and in the case of special category states, INR 10 lakh, for the service providers.
Also, here is the list of certain businesses for which GST registration is mandatory irrespective of their turnover:
- Casual taxable person / Input Service Distributor (ISD)
- Non-resident taxable person
- Inter-state supplier of goods and services
- Supplier of goods through an e-commerce portal
- Any service provider
- Liable to pay tax under the reverse charge mechanism
- TDS/TCS deductor
- Online data access or retrieval service provider